The Feat-NT Center
Improving the Lives of Those with Autism…One Community at a Time!
Children with Autism face many obstacles, but with intensive early intervention, many will go on to lead fulfilling and productive lives. Autism does not have to be a label on our children. Our children, regardless of their disability, amaze us every day with their wonderful spirit and strength. Although future research is important and greatly appreciated, FEAT-NT services directly impact those living with autism NOW and help to meet their needs today right here in our own communities. FEAT-NT is a non-profit organization of parents and concerned professionals dedicated to providing Education, Advocacy, and Support for individuals with autism and their families.
FEAT-NT provides parent and professional resources including:
- Parent Mentoring
- Parent and Professional Educational Training
- Autism Library with over 600 books and resources on Autism, Asperger’s, Sensory Processing Disorder, ADHD, and ADD, available to check out free of charge
- Monthly Support Group Meetings for Parents of Children and Adults with Autism
- Social Groups for Tweens, Teens and Special Adult Social Nights
- Quarterly Family Fun Days
- Community Autism Awareness Campaigns and Training
- Sibling Outreach Program, “Sibshops” , Approved Provider (a nationally recognized program)
We deliver our mission statement and the majority of our guidance at the FEAT-NT Resource Center and Library. Our 2,300 sq ft family friendly center includes: a support group meeting area, room for childcare, a library, kitchen and workshop room. Parking is available in the front and back of the building.
Families for Effective Autism Treatment-North Texas Resource Center and Library
7286 Glenview Drive
Richland Hills, Texas 76180
Hours of operation are:
Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays
We are also open on days when events are held.